February 28, 2009

Wishes du Jour


Well...finally a new card to post!! I actually have a couple, I have just been lazy this last couple of weeks and by the time I get home from work, it's dark and I can't take photos without the sunlight! The colors for this card were inspired by some paisley napkins I saw at Target this morning. Although this card didn't turn out quite like I planned (do they ever?) I really like it! This one is for my Uncle Marvin in Kansas who just came out of the hospital. I didn't want it too girly and I think I succeeded. I stamped the butterfly from SU! Dreams du Jour in Not Quite Navy ink onto Vary Vanilla CS (if you look closely you can see that I inked the edges of the VV also) and I used the inkpad to "dye" my (non SU!) ribbon. The base of the card is Not Quite Navy CS with Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive cardstock behind the Very Vanilla. I threw in some retired DSP because I felt like I needed a pattern. I also got to try the Chit-Chat rub-ons I just got! I still have a hard time trying to design my own cards and layouts but I must be getting better because I am fall in love with each new card I make! I hope you like it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...