November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Thanks!


It has been a really long time since I've made anything! I have been playing around with stuff but just no time to actually create! We went to our niece's for Thanksgiving yesterday and I was itching to make something, so this is the Thank You card I made. Considering I am not usually one to distress anything (I am a type "A" personality so to "distress" something is a little, well...distressing to me!) It took everything I had to crumple up that nice, smooth Very Vanilla cardstock! But I think the end result is very rustic and Fall-like even though our weather here is more like summer! Everything is Stampin Up! except the leaf. I used Old Olive cardstock for the base and Soft Suede cardstock behind the Very Vanilla cardstock which I ran thru my Big Shot using the Top Note die. I sponged the Very Vanilla CS with Soft Suede and Crushed Curry ink before I crumpled it quite a few times! Then I sponged it a little more! I also used my Color Spritzer tool with my Soft Suede marker for the little dots! I finished off my card with Old Olive grosgrain ribbon and linen thread. I have to tell you, I think the Big Shot is the best thing ever! I absolutely love it! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...